Due to the fact that I have a study now instead of Calculus, I don't have homework and am thus able to blog it up!
So the title of this?
Juanes is a hispanic singer/songwriter that is quite amazing. I know nothing else about him except one song of his: No Creo en el Jamás
This song was first introduced to me last December by my older brother who would play this in his car non-stop. He started taking Spanish classes in college and I guess he thought listening to Spanish lyrics would somehow help him. Anyway, I questioned him one day, "wtf were you just listening to?" He played me the song and I couldn't stop singing it, even if I didn't quite understand it myself. It was addicting.
I knew enough Spanish to know he was saying I don't believe in but my brother and I were puzzled on what he couldn't believe. What was jamás? One evening, I took it upon myself to download the song and use the translator on my iPod to figure it out. Jamás is the Spanish word for never. I don't believe in never. I personally loved the title. As soon as I discovered it I texted my brother (who was only one floor above me). He was disappointed. He thought it would be something with a tad more meaning, but that's fine because it brings me to this:
Today, my Spanish teacher gave us an assignment to find a song in spanish (my eyes light up and I don't hear another word she says) yadda yadda yadda. I guess I'll find out exactly what I have to do tomorrow. At least I know what song I'm going to use!!!!!
Hoy voy a levantarme y no voy a resignar mi corazón
(today I'm going to rise and not get disheartened)
hacer lo que quise y no pude
(over what I wanted to do and wasn't able to)
No lo voy a aceptar hoy, voy a buscar estar mejor
(I'm not going to accept it today, I'm going to try to do better)
la vida tiene solución, aquí no hay nada imposible
(life has a solution, there's nothing impossible here)
no creo en el jamás.... no!
(today I'm going to rise and not get disheartened)
hacer lo que quise y no pude
(over what I wanted to do and wasn't able to)
No lo voy a aceptar hoy, voy a buscar estar mejor
(I'm not going to accept it today, I'm going to try to do better)
la vida tiene solución, aquí no hay nada imposible
(life has a solution, there's nothing impossible here)
no creo en el jamás.... no!
(I don't believe in never... no!)
Love,
Nicole
P.S. still working on (english) music, I promise. It'll be here soon. I also don't really want to proofread this again so I hope there aren't any mistakes. If there are, ignore them.
No comments:
Post a Comment