Sunday, October 10, 2010

College Visit!!!

So I took a little trip down the shore today to visit Monmouth University. The campus was beautiful and I am definitely applying there when the time comes. They even gave me this cool little backpack. 


The coolest part was being able to visit particular areas of interest. I took it upon myself to go across the campus to see what was up with the Performing Arts Department. I'm glad I did because they had the BEST food (cookies, brownies, rice crispy treats). I sat through the little intro in one of the theaters they have on campus (soooo cool!). Towards the end one of the professors pointed out that the guy sitting all the way at the end of the stage (professor of music/ music industry and my desired area of study) was someone important. His name was Ron Frangipane. Ironically enough, he was an arranger for John Lennon (gasps from the audience). He was also a very good friend of John's which totally grabbed my attention, I mean John Lennon IS my Jesus. Ron also worked with the Rolling Stones as well and a whole bunch of other famous peeps. Now of course I'm already blown away and am dying to go to this school to be taught by this guy. He knows so much about the industry and I think it would benefit me highly if I went to school there. However, I would be forced to learn the piano -_- That's all right though! I'm massively excited about this whole thing. 


Also, I'd like to give a congratulations to Michael Lawrence for being accepted into the band! 


Gotta go! Top 104 classic rock songs from 2003 on q104.3 (best radio station ever). I also have to stalk eBay for more Melody Makers. There's a JJ model ending in like an hour. I have no chance, but I like to be a lurker. 


Love, 
Nicole


P.S. NEW MUSIC COMING VERY SOON! I PROMISE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment