When I returned home this afternoon, I went on my computer to check my email. I clicked my little tab-y thingy for Yahoo! and in today's news was an article titled "Ask America votes split 50-50 on gay marriage". The article wasn't interesting to me in the least, but there was a LINK! down below to vote in this 'Ask America' poll thing. The link sent me to this thing where you vote your opinion on...dun dun dun!!!.....gay marriage. (and other stuff but that didn't interest me either). I voted 'yes' in case you're wondering. Then I noticed I could add a lovely comment on what I chose. I could also see the comments of those who said 'no'.
That is what I wanted to discuss. I found it quite amusing to see the comments people have posted about this. It also angers me how our fellow Americans are so ignorant, hurtful, and disrespectful.
"Homosexuality is a perversion of nature. It is only a very small deviant part of any society that claims this choice regarding their sexual orientation is normal. It is a mental illness".
"it should absolutely not be legal for gays to marry and i don't give a rats @#$% what century we are living in, it should NEVER be legal for gays to be married and have the same rights as everyone else".
"I don't like gay people. I hope they burn in Hell. Too bad there are no death camps for them".
You get the point. I'm sorry, I know this is offensive, but I had to show you what some of these assholes are saying. I am also aware that none of this harassment is anything new. I just wanted to call attention to what I found today. There were some other comments that involved morals and how we shouldn't subject our children to the idea that same-sex marriage is an option, both of which pissed me off too. I do believe gays should have the right to marry because, like all human beings, they deserve to prove their love and trust to someone they truly and honestly do care about to the fullest extreme. It's funny how people will allow 'civil unions' but refuse to give away the word 'marriage'. A marriage between two people is meaningful, is it not? A civil union? like wtf? I know this blog isn't going to be read by a lot of people, but I still want to know what you think about this.
It kills me to know that religion is still playing a part in politics. We shouldn't have to vote for gay marriage. We never voted for straight marriage, did we? Besides that, I think it will eventually add to the tolerance of gays. Let's not forget the recent suicides, of KIDS nonetheless, because of teasing based on sexual orientation. How is it moral to bully someone into killing themselves? How is it moral to stop two people from showing their love for one another? How is it moral to believe innocent people shouldn't live?
All right. I think I've ranted enough to make my point. Even as a straight person, I don't think gay marriage or homosexuality is 'sick'. Those who oppose it will learn soon enough the error of their ways.
IN OTHER NEWS!!
check this shit out! ----> it's a rotating cat! but which way is it rotating??
I love this! and YES! I can make it change its rotation ON COMMAND!!! yeah!
Love,
Nicole
No comments:
Post a Comment